Friday, January 7

A Few Words for the Last Weeks of 2010:

  • Stressed
  • Sewing
  • Kleenex
  • Jimmy Fallon
  • Mountain Dew
  • Sewing
  • Hurt feelings
  • Muddy Buddies (we call it Puppy Chow and I lost count of how many batches I made after the seventh)
  • True friends
  • Sewing
  • Family
  • Tears
  • Super Olen
  • Sick kids
  • Sewing
  • Netflix
  • Writing and revising and the end of a semester
  • Traditions
  • Sewing
  • Etsy
  • Shopping
  • New friends
  • Magic
  • Baking
  • Sewing
  • Birthday parties
  • Visitors
  • Hobby Lobby
  • Exedrine
  • Singing
  • Sewing
  • Temple Lights
  • Minute To Win It but Days To Plan It
  • "George Bailey, I'll love ya till the day I die."
  • Diving

After all these words I was too exhausted to even turn on my camera as the clock struck 12:01 to capture the image of Olen, holding Daisy, banging pots and pans in the street with Porter. I sat cuddled with London in my parent's armchair, closed my eyes, and exhaled the last breath of 2010. It was the year that came and went in the blink of an eye but took a decade to do it. It was over so fast, yet I can't believe all that happened in those 365 days. I wish it ended on a happier note, but I guess that's what January is for. Time to change the tune.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, why do we do it to ourselves every year it is just as crazy.
    P.S i want to get your puppy chow recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good summary! If I made a list like this about my last few weeks it would be depressingly funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete