Sunday, March 1

Stephanie...after talking with you tonight, I can't wait till tomorrow to write this all out.


I rolled over in bed this morning to escape the sun on my face. I thought as I attempted to move my legs and arms, "Why do I feel like I've been hit by a truck?!"
Oh yeah, Ragnar.

Guys, I'm not gunna lie to you or candy coat anything to make me sound like some super sonic chick. Because I just learned that I ain't. Turns out running fourteen miles up hill, down hill and in high altitudes isn't my strong point. Don't get me wrong - I had a total blast! It's just that I am totally paying for it today.

It all started Thursday night in a Prescott hotel room. After decorating the van and fueling up on some amazing whole wheat pasta we finally crashed just after one in the morning. We had to be at the starting line at seven o'clock, but it wasn't hard to quickly jump out of bed at six with race-day butterflies going bananas inside me.

We had twelve runners on our team, "Mom's Found Therapy". Six in one van and six in the other. When none of our six runners were on the course we went up ahead and tried to get some shut eye or stretch our legs and mingle with the other teams. We ate in the van along the way. Let me just tell you; if I never see another bagel with peanut butter or cheese stick or wheat thin again, I will be A-OK. After the race Olen took me to the Chik-Fil-A drive thru. Fried chicken with extra pickle and mayo heaven.

So, back to the race. Before we left we all said how many "road kills" (aka people we would pass up on our runs) we wanted. I wanted five. My first leg was suppose to be all down hill, so I never bothered training for any up hills. The course map lied to me. Just after the first mile I hit my first hill. Then another one and another. I still feel good about my time and I made four kills right off the bat.

My second leg was at night and I didn't see another runner on the course. It was so quiet and the stars over Wickenburg were like the fourth of July. I felt so small running down the highway and super freaked that a mountain lion was going to jump out at me. I think this made me run faster, though.

We got to all rest and shower after our second legs. We even ordered Pizza Hut. Best pizza I have ever eaten. Hands down. We needed to meet up with van 2 and be there for the exchange to start our third leg at 4 o'clock in the morning. So chalk up another two hours sleep. But, good sleep this time.

My third leg came up about eight in the morning and I couldn't even squat to tie my shoe. I didn't properly stretch after the last run and I was so hurting. Plus I had new muscles that had never been used going up hills before that were hating me right then. I had a lot of issues. My third leg was not my best but I thanked the Lord when it was done.

Mom's Found Therapy finished the first all woman team on Saturday afternoon. There were still teams to come in and all the results haven't come back yet, but gosh darn it, we're winners either way.

I'm beginning to walk normally again, quite a change from the hobble I was rocking this morning. But I will not be lacing up my Nike's for a run tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next. This Mom's got enough Therapy for a while.

Well, if you thought that wasn't long enough; I've got pictures, too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I owe a few shout outs:
Thanks to all my girls on Mom's Found Therapy for allowing me to be apart of such a wonderful workout; especially to my trash-kicking sister-in-law, Val. Thanks for being my personal camera man and my best cheer leader. I will cherish these memories forever.
Thanks to Wendy Hall for the condo on Friday night (well, technically Saturday morning). I loved my shower and feather duvet more than words.
Thanks to Rocky for his mad driving skills, and Priesthood power. You were a keystone to our success.
To all the girls doing Wasatch Back in June: Go get 'em!

11 comments:

  1. and let me be the first to say how awesome you are!!! I thought of you all day long! I am so impressed!! You rock girl!!
    Congrats!!
    Love ya,
    Stephanie K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWWWW!!!! Congratulations for an amazing accomplishment! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, you are super woman! I couldn't ever do anything like this. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you Pal!!!! Your are my HERO! I wish I could have been at the finish line to see you cross it. I seriously think I would have cried I would have been so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo AWESOME you little HOT girl!!

    I know most of the girls on your team...they are my friends from Heber:)awesome folks

    ps...you need to join facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your AMAZING! Some of my favorite people are in those pictures. One of these days I will get there.....I have to keep telling myself that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOLLY YOU ARE AMAZING! way to go sister girl! i hope someday i can be as awesome as you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo-hoo! You did it!! Awesome! I can't wait to brag on you. I am amazed, 'cuz I can't run to the mailbox if my life depended on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Molly!! That is so amazing! Your are awesome! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are HAWT.
    oh molly... let me become like you after two kids. i am crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really cool Molly. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

The blog is back, baby!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin