Wednesday, February 25

Good Word Wednesday!

Our pregnant milk cow, Peter, had her baby! She had a little girl cow. Is there a name for a little girl cow? Just calf maybe? Anyways, I am so happy because now we can start milking Peter again. We had to let her dry up a couple months before the due date to prepare her for delivery. Not exactly sure why or how that all works, but I'm learning. I love the whole milk, and cream and butter that we get from Peter. She's been my favorite food storage investment yet. Peter lives at Uncle Brawner's ranch down the street and we haven't been over to see her and the baby yet. When we make it, I'll post pictures. She's such a pretty mama.
___________________________________________________________

K, Homes, you won't see me for a couple days now. I'm hitting the road tomorrow for the mother load of races, Ragnar Relay.

Teams of 12 runners starting in Prescott and ending in Mesa. It's 202.1 miles and 24 hours of running awesomeness. Each runner runs three different times (called legs). I am runner #4 on my team. When you're not running you hang out in the team van with the rest of your crew and talk, eat, try to sleep and pretty much just love being out and apart of something huge while cheering on your fellow runners. Then when your leg is coming up you get ready for the exchange and hit it hard.
I've been preparing for this race since last year. I am so stinking excited I can hardly wait!

I leave for Prescott tomorrow afternoon and so Olen will be solely in charge of the kids and house. I am ultra-perfectionist-paranoid about leaving someone else in charge of my house (I know, even Olen; ease up, I'm working on it) so I have been setting out clothes for my kids, I showed Olen the simplest way to fix London's crazy-frizz hair and I have meals for the weekend in the freezer. I'm not worried about the welfare of my kids, though. The Sportsman's Expo is in town this weekend and so Olen and my gang have their plans laid out. And I think I overheard Porter whispering to Olen that Peter Piper Pizza would be a good dinner on Friday, so they'll be fine. But if you happen to see smoke coming from the roof tops (we don't have a fireplace) or if you can smell something funny while standing on the front porch, please give Olen a ring and make sure everything is okay. I'll have my cell phone if you need me. The number is on the fridge.

See ya Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Mazel Tov!!!! Next time I come out there maybe we could go check the new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you noticed my kids aren't very conventional when it comes to naming animals?

    Kate- for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!!!!! Best of luck!!!! Kick tail, ok? And I'll be watching for the smoke. Could be coming from your neighbor's house, though, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I'm jealous of your cow. Some day I'll graduate from the goats, but for now they're all I can afford. Wouldn't mind trading some soap or something for some cream, though.... :)

    ReplyDelete

The blog is back, baby!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin