Tuesday, November 30

Better late than never: Halloween 2010

Porter told me around Easter time that he wanted to make his own costume for Halloween this year, a ghost.


Since Halloween is not in my top ten favorite holidays I was overjoyed with one less costume to think about. The original plan for the girls was to have them be Snow White and Tinker Bell with the matching tutus they wore to Disney World. Then I remembered London, at eighteen months, wearing the cutest pumpkin costume I bought online and was hoping I could get one more Halloween out of it. When I found the box of Halloween costumes London dug through and found the dog costume she rejected last year. She declared that she loved it and would be a dog for Halloween since she "already played Tinker Bell at Wonderland" (Disney World).


So for Halloween this year we had:

A Ghost: Porter cut and ripped all four corners of this thrift store sheet to give it just the right effect of spookiness. He decided at the last minute that simply having holes in the sheet wasn't spooky enough so the mask was my only contribution to the costume. He was so pleased with himself and I was very proud of him for thinking of what he wanted to be, then planning it out and making it happen.


A Puppy Dog: Here is Ogden, a mummy and London, the puppy. She was so thrilled to wear makeup on her face that she kept touching it to see if it was still on and by the end of the night it was gone. For the first hour after getting her dressed and prepped she would only answer my questions in "arffs!". Then I started talking puppy dog to her and she told me that I'm not allowed or else she wouldn't know what I was saying. Duh, mom.


A Pumpkin: Isn't she the cutest pumpkin you've ever did see? She was wearing these adorable curl-toed slippers and orange tights, it was hard to not squeeze her all night. I'm so glad I got to see this costume replayed.


We always try to visit all the grandparents on Halloween.
Here's great-grandpa and grandma Mosely and the kids being bribed with candy to smile big for my picture. Guess who didn't get any that night...


The candy sacks are full, the eyelids are heavy, and the pumpkin, ghost, and puppy dog are ready to call it a night.

Another successful and happy Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. Daisy is the cutest pumpkin ever. I mean, London looked dang cute when she wore that costume but Daisy just adds a whole new level to the pumpkin smile. ;) And Ports costume is awesome! And London with her eyepatch. So super cute. Did you tell her Cecily was a doggy too?

    I'm glad you posted a photo of Oggy cause I didn't even know what he was for Halloween.

    THANK YOU FOR BLOGGING!!!

    ReplyDelete