Thursday, October 30

The church Trunk or Treat was a huge success with our candy-seekers and also a great dress rehearsal for the real show tomorrow night.
London ditched her candy bag and just started holding all the candy in her hands. Easier access. Atta girl.
Porter never has liked candy except for the occasional Butterfinger and Snickers bar (I'll have to share his secrets of "The Good Diet" sometime) so he could care less how full his bag or hands got.
There was a chili cook off and I prepared a newly invented recipe that I call Black Bean Chipotle Chili. It was off the chili charts amazing (or so my in-house critics say). My recipe was inspired by Mrs. Renfro's Rasberry Chipotle Salsa (mother of all salsas). But I never heard the cook off winner announced. Que sera. We were probably at the booth where you threw wet sponges at the Beehives. Porter had a perfect pitch every time. Those girls were such good sports.

5 comments:

  1. Great sneak peak! I cant' wait to see them tomorrow!!!! Do you think Porter will do the splits for me now that he is flexiable?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Bethany! Also, judging from the legs pictures, those look like some pretty stylin' costumes. Can't wait to see the full monty. Also, I've been wondering if you got the idea to write on your pics from nie? Such a great idea. I'm too lazy to do it. lol
    Oh, and I have to tell you one more thing, when you left the message on my phone after you guys were in Utah, I couldn't believe how much like your mom you sounded. Seriously...it was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've written on the pictures here and there for a while. I just think it beats leaving whole captions! :) I've been told I sound like mi madre before, too. It's a-ok with me. As long as people don't confuse me for my dad, I'm cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that porter in tights? does Olen know what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. bb - Sometimes boys just have to wear their stretchy pants. Is for fun.

    ReplyDelete