Monday, September 14

FJ1W- take two

Last week London started asking me: "You happy Mamma or are you mad?"
"Huh? Yeah, I'm happy."
"Ok, laugh like me! Laugh like this." Then she does her most hearty high-pitched laugh.
I put my hands on my tummy and laugh like Santa Claus.
She looks at me suspiciously, then finds my laugh satisfactory and goes on her way.
She asks me to do this demonstration about five times a day.
Well, what gives? I really am happy, but I guess I'm just nearing those final weeks of pregnancy where I'm a little on edge, ya know. And I swear to die, if another man reaches to rub my tummy I'll have to use my angry-mommy voice on them and maybe rub 'em back. I'm not making this stuff up. Geesh, is that a story for another day.
So yeah, I'm a little sore and bump into things a lot and can't remember what I did yesterday, but I don't think I'm too grumpy. I asked Olen if I was acting grumpy and why he thought London needed this constant reassurance that she had a Happy Momma. He said I looked like I could use a foot rub (clever man) and then he told me that maybe I could smile a little more (now I get his plan). After I gave him a good jab in the ribs with my foot, I told him he's probably right and that I would start smiling more right now if he made that foot rub last twice as long.
So here's my For Just One Week challenge to myself: Smile.
Sounds simple enough, so I think I can fit it in. I commit to looking for things that make me smile, or at least laughing all on my own without being asked.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for you! What a great idea FJ1W. I look forward to hearing what happens this week when you smile more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is always hard. You can do it! And yes a foot-rub would make me very happy to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a happy mama is not always easy, but always worth the effort. It's amazing what little ones pick up eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that last stage of pregnancy. I have a 24/7 scowl....and for reals, when I was preggers w/ Colt, Duerk's grandpa reached out and patted my belly (it was a particularly ugly day for me) and said, "You look like you swallowed a watermelon!". I glared at him and patted his beer-gut and said, "You, too, Gramps." Ya. What horrible person I am.....thank goodness he still loves me.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men patting your belly? I would slug them. Hahaha. Hang in there, I will smile right along with you. And well, that forgetting stuff doesn't get better. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good one! Perhaps I'll join you. Smile.

    Oh and whisper, that's another good one. My kids listen and don't throw tantrums or anything when I whisper. It's like magic - and that makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swear to die? What does that mean? It doesn't make any sense . . .

    ReplyDelete