Tuesday, September 14

Did That Really Just Happen?

My house is unusually quiet. I haven't decided if I like it yet.


Porter is at school, Daisy is napping and my constant little shadow of four years and four months left me for preschool this morning.


London couldn't go to sleep last night because she was so excited to start school today. She had her outfit laid out and was the first one awake. She checked on her lunch three times on the way to school to make sure everything was in its place. I thought she would bolt to the door when I unbuckled her but was surprised when she took my hand and asked in a whisper if I would please walk with her. Of course, I would. Always.


Preschool, meet London.


We waited out front of the school with the cat, Charlotte, for our cousin Daniel to come.
Then we all walked in together.
I had to call London back to give her a hug and kiss then she was off.
I know it won't take me long to get used to my quiet house two times a week. I have a "to-do" list of things I've been putting off waiting for me right now. It's just that when my kids are small and require so much of my time I long for a couple hours of the day just for me. Now that my kids are growing up and I've got those couple hours I long to fill them with my kids.


Sometimes I feel like I'm the one who is really growing up.

4 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures of London. I can't believe she is going to preschool already! You will enjoy the quiet time, no doubt, but I am sure you miss those little munchkins, too. I love that a cat just hangs out in front...greeting all who enter. If cats didn't shed hair all over the place, I'd probably have one. One is the limit, though, so I don't become The Creepy Cat Lady. Glad you have those few hours of peace. Enjoy them with some banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her little mischievous face. It's like she's saying "what!? Could anyone this cute do anything wrong!?"

    And that cat is in for a treat. No animal has felt true love till London gets to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she looks so cute in her outfit! I can't wait to hear how her day went!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preschool is the best. And I so know what you mean about those few quiet hours (and I only have one kiddo!) but I am so happy to see her again when I pick her up and feel like I am a way better Mom. Does that even make sense? :)

    ReplyDelete