Tuesday, September 28

Hitting The Road With Love, Auntie M

In every extra nook and cranny of my house (and if you've been to my house, you know there aren't many) are stacked piles of fabrics and photo boxes filled with threads and rick-rack and buttons.


Olen asked if I've started hoarding since he's been away, but I'm not that far gone. The stacks and piles are just the ingredients I've been gathering for my new project:
That's the name of my little Etsy shop and the reason I haven't been to any blogs in the past two (going on three) weeks. I love seeing how the real-life versions of my ideas turn out. I was encouraged by the success of my friend, September, and her shop Tiny Tutu Boutique. She asked if I ever considered selling the shirts I've made for my girls and nieces and if I would think about making shirts to match her adorable tutus. So I said, "Why not!" and made twenty-three onesies in seven days and opened shop.


I've been in business exactly one week today. I feel like such a big girl playing this e-commerce game. Thank you, September for coaching me on the ways of Etsy and thank you, Katie, for making everything so beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to have my own AuntieM original. :) Now I just need to buy the matching tutu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I've been waiting for the big announcement. I wish you the best in your business! I know you'll kick etsy trash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy gravy, Molly. That is so freakin' awesome! I am tickled for you!

    ReplyDelete