Friday, January 29

It's all right...right?

It's all right that I let London call these gummi peach ring candies "fruit snacks", right? Even though it states above the list of ingredients: "Does not contain fruit juice". It's all right, right?
And while we're at it, I haven't ever corrected her when she calls them "hickey ups" (hiccups) either. And Porter still says "MickleDonalds" (McDonald's) because that's just too awesome to change. They have their whole lives to say things like everyone else, until then I'm in no hurry to make corrections.

It's all right that I keep the vintage TV in the family room for the kids and put the ultra cool flat screen in my room, right? It's also all right that I call this dinosaur TV "vintage", right?
(Can you tell TV isn't tops on our list of priorities? And I know that's all right.)
It's all right that I let my kids take turns trying to pull out my crazy neck hair, right? They think it's pretty amazing. I think that I'm two hairs short of growing me a braid and joining the circus as the bearded-neck lady. I might as well capitalize on my freakiness, right?

10 comments:

  1. I never correct my kids when they say words funny, I think it cute and it will get corrected sooner or later.

    Um.. just a little weird about your neck hair. I get those to but am the only one who sees them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they are done with yours I have a few for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's alright.

    My little boys call oatmeal, "Opie-meal" I don't care if they never stop saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the smile. I especially like how Porter says Mcdonalds. I love stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahahaha!

    its alright that i stalk you and adore you, right? RIGHT????

    hugs molly.
    great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay it was all all-right until you showed the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except when the kid grows up and is married and realizes she's always been saying "wreath" "tupperware" "rural" and so many other words wrong. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't married to the mocking king. It is super cute though. Jocelyn says "pack pack" and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan calls restaurants the "eat stores"

    When Emily was 2 she called her paci a "doey" (sounds like Joey) why? who knows.

    Until Kristin was about 9 or 10 she called Christmas tree garland, garlic. I love it!

    And yeah, they are in fact, FRUIT SNACKS! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it's all right! I always let my kids talk in their cute little way because I know it won't last! and we still have a vintage 90's t.v. in the craft room for the kids - ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids call McD's "Old McDonald's". And I love your vintage TV

    ReplyDelete