Friday, May 1

Flashback Friday! My time is limited, but some flashbacks you just can't pass up. I laughed my brains out when I first dug up these pictures, so if you are doing the same right now, don't feel bad. Please feel free to laugh with my permission and blessing.

You know that group of girlfriends you had in high school that had your back even if you were wrong and could read your emotions before you even said anything? The girls that grew to be a part of your family and even called your mom and dad, "mom" and "dad"? The same girls that would tell you if you looked fat in those jeans and if you should totally go for that older guy? Those girls that were your brides maids at your wedding and visited you after you had your babies? Well, these are mine; Briauna, Camille and Lisa. These are my girls.
Then life moves on. You go to college, get married, move away, have kids and get busy. You send Christmas cards and call a week after their birthday to say that you really remembered, but never had the time to call, and that you love them just as much.

Then, like a boomerang, you find your way back to each other and discover that after ten years, not much has changed and they're still your girls.


I had a blast yesterday girls. Let's not wait so long next time.

For my Katies:
While digging up these old high school pictures, I found this gem. This was taken at my brother, Christopher's, mission farewell party. In this picture is the boy that would grow up to marry my sister Katie Mae and also Christopher's future wife, Katie, both were just good family friends at the time. Also, my childhood home in this picture is now owned by two other best friends from high school. It's a small, small world. And even crazier is that it was a small, small high school!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, small world indeed! Love the old picture, BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Molly, your post made me cry! I have so missed my girls and glad that we are reconnecting and getting to know each other again.

    I have to say though, it was a bit strange yesterday, it was like we never were apart (or maybe just on a really long vacation!) and we just picked right back up where we left off. Only now when we chat, we have to obruptly take off after kids and then finish our conversations. LOL.

    I loved yesterday too and really hope we can make it a regular thing - even if that regular thing is a month or two between visits.

    XO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille that is exactly how it felt, like we had just had a play date last week and were just getting together again.

    I totally remember Jacob being at Chris' thing cause it was weird for me that he was there. Really because we went on the really REALLY awkward date a few months before the picture was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete