Friday, June 25

Day Two

Thursday, June 24th, 2010:
Chris's birthday was on the 22nd (he's 30!) but it's never too late for cupcakes and candles.


Today we rolled around with the kids having tickle fights, doodling in the Wonder Pets coloring books, watching Phineus and Ferb, and eating Katie's yummy banana muffins. It only took a few hours for me to relax and stop looking for things to clean (Katie keeps a very nice house, darn it).


Asher. When he was in Arizona visiting this spring he wouldn't even look at me. Now he is calling me (and all us Aunties) "Mommy" and throwing himself on me for snuggles. I have been accepted into his world and it is a really fun place. I want another boy so bad.


I talked to London last night and she told me "It's time to come home now Mom, ok." And Porter asked for me to just send him a picture of me and Daisy to daddy's phone because he just needed to see us. I think tonight we need to have a video chat and they will feel better. Olen says they go full speed on the fun until bedtime and then feel a little sad for me and Daisy. Today Olen only scheduled out a half-day of work and then he's taking them fishing and tomorrow is packed with cousins and birthday parties. I doubt they will even think of me.


Chelsea got here safe and sound at midnight last night. We sat around last night for a couple hours talking about what's going on in each of our States, discussing how we think our husbands are doing without us, and wishing Darcy was here with us. I guess that gives us a reason to plan another trip though.


Chris took today off work to show us around this beautiful state of Colorado. I think I've heard a couple of parks, bald eagles and elk are on the agenda. Olen, eat your heart out. Just kidding Love. Ask anyone, I keep saying how much I wish you were here with me because I know you would just love it. Don't worry, you know I'll take lots of pictures. Give my honies some big squeezes and smooches from me.

2 comments:

  1. I believe what we are missing is pictures of the new baby?? The name is adorable bytheway. I love these updates, they are cheering me up considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? I missed Katie's banana muffins?!!!
    Okay that does it! Airtran has risen to a new level of disdain in my mind!!

    ReplyDelete