Friday, February 5

Flashback Friday: Is this the one Kate?

The year: 1992
The place: roadside Utah
The perm: very 1992

Katie says the picture of Porter in his pretend new glasses reminds her of me in a pair of my earlier frames (three cheers for Lasik) so I dug through my photo albums to satisfy the memory and found this one.

My family was on a vacation visiting my great aunt and uncle in Utah and my dad pulled over to let me pick some wild sunflowers on the side of the road because they are my favorite. I remember him taking this picture as the other cars sped by and just feeling really happy as time stood still.

7 comments:

  1. I love the story and the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I talk to my mom about hair, she suggests, yet again, that I get a perm. If you see the photo proof from multiple failed Utah perms throughout my childhood, you would instantly understand my hesitation. I think it could be considered a form of child abuse to make your kids get perms. Luckily, everyone else in my small Utah town was being "abused," just like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is maybe the best picture on this blog yet. This is the Molly I knew and loved back in the day! (and you had lasik? Lucky!) and the best part is that I SO badly wanted my hair to look like yours! Remember when you tried to pfoof my bangs like yours but they wouldn't? I'm so lucky my hair was not responsive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are quite the glasses! You are brave to share a picture of yourself from that age. I don't think I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice of your Dad to stop for you.

    And I see a little Porter in the picture. You should go back and get the other frames for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Molly dear that is the exact picture I was thinking of!!!!!!!!

    Jennifer, Molly was never very good with other people's bangs, does it sound like I talk from experience? Yeah cuz I am. She tried to cut mine, that's all I'll say too painful to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh, c'mon Kate. They grew back didn't they? Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete