Wednesday, July 9

Half-Birthdays For Everyone!

So on Monday Olen brought home a t-ball bat, a glove and some balls out of a model home in his community (because the kids touring the house kept playing ball in the model) and gave them to Porter.

Port goes,"Hey, dad, you must have brought me these for my six-and-a-half birthday, huh?!" Olen goes, "Yup. Yup. That's what they're for, Best Buddy."
Meanwhile I'm in the kitchen making a pineapple upside down cake thinking "Huh...?" (cuz Porter's "half-birthday" would have been last month).
Then Porter says, "And mom that's what the cake is for, too, huh?!"
Then I go, "Um..yes? Yes. It is."
Well then we all were too deep into the whole half-bithday thing, so we got out the candles and made it official. And really, shouldn't we all have half-birthdays? It just feels so right.

Honestly, I wasn't planning on taking pictures, then Olen says "Love, get your camera! This would make a good blog, right?" I don't know if he was teasing me (most likely) or being serious. Either way he was right. So I got my camera...

My humble first attempt at pineapple upside down cake isn't too fabulous; but it's all whole-wheat and fresh pineapple if that counts for anything. And check out Porter's face; he's in pure half-birthday heaven. I think London is just hoping we make this a family tradition because she's due for a half-birthday in December.



We used seven candles, because using six whole ones and cutting one in half is just ridiculous. Please people.



The results. Is that one wicked kool-aid smile, or what?

5 comments:

  1. It's a VERY merry unbirthday to you! Now blow the candle out my dear and make your wish come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! I have a friend that does half Birthdays..I can bearly keep up with all my kids real B-DAY!! haha

    Love Porters Kool-aid smile:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute! It's funny how you guys just went along with it! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Olen is being supportive with your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Gotta give that a try. But I missed mine. Can I have a 3/4 birthday?

    ReplyDelete