Thursday, July 3

Independence Day is one of my most favorite holidays, for many reasons. One is the love I have for my country. This respect didn't fully develop until I was in high school (Go Heroes!) and was taught to value my freedoms and love my liberty. I am proud to be an American; and I am grateful to those that have fought and continue fighting for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Another reason I love July 4th is because we visit Heber, AZ for the weekend. This is our fifth year to visit the small town's big celebration and we look forward to it all year. Olen's brother, Haskel, and his wife, Valerie, have always graciously hosted us on our visits. This year we'll be staying with my aunt in their family cabin and we are really looking forward to it. The weather is perfect, the small-town welcome just can't be beat and the fireworks are amazing. One of these times I'll succeed in convincing my family that this is the place to be for the 4th of July.

We leave tomorrow morning for the weekend, so check back next week for the whole low-down and a few pictures, I'm sure.

Have a wonderful and safe Independence Day!

4 comments:

  1. I am going to miss not being in Heber this year. You did convince part of you family it's the best fireworks show! This would have been our third year in a row to go. Remembet the first year I was prego with Oggy and had him I think five days later! HOLY COW I WAS HUGE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heber is the BEST at the 4th! It doesnt get any better in my Opinion!! Hope we will see you up there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! I forgot you've been there two years in a row. And, yeah, you were huge!

    Leanna - we'll be behind second base usually. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree heber is the best! St. george fireworks don't even compare!

    ReplyDelete