Wednesday, December 2

Good Word Wednesday: Tis' the season

Have I mentioned before that I went to the best high school? Maybe I just love it because it's probably the only place that would let an ugly duckling nerd of a girl become student body president and prom queen. It's a small pond where the students can be big fish. Man, I love it. (The Beach Boys' song "Be true to your school" just started playing in my head". Weird.) My little high school has provided four out of five of my brother and sister's spouses and a true American idol.
Last night Olen and I attended a benefit concert featuring the gracious Brooke White from American Idol fame. But I just know her as the sweet, beautiful girl that lost her voice the day before opening night of the high school musical where she had the lead role. (We all prayed for her voice to come back and made signs that said "Don't talk to Brooke!" that year.) She hasn't changed at all. She's quirky and sincere and lovely still.
Brooke hosted the concert to benefit the adoption fund of another high school alumni and good friends of ours. A great cause, fabulous music and seeing friendly faces from the past? I'm so there.

Brooke singing to one of her biggest fans.
Molly class of 1999, Katie class of 2000 and Olivia class of 2015

7 comments:

  1. I hope you do not mind by, I gave your blog a "little" plug for being my 30th follower.

    What gets me in the holiday mood...the music and the smell of the oven on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Prom queen, I am impressed. Sounds like you had a great school. We graduated the same year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the good ole' days. (not that I would trade them for what I have now) but Im glad I graduated from Heritage Too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow my sister gave you a total shout out. She is pretty cool like that...she gets it from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prom Queen! Nice.

    What gets me in the mood for the holidays? I would have to say music and wrapping presents. Oh and candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would make a comment about prom queen too, but, um, everyone else already did, so I'll just say you WISH you were a nerd. You have always been cool.
    As for feeling the holiday spirit, I would say reading our Christmas books, drinking mulled cider, the smell of Christmas trees (which I have Scentsy to thank for since we have a fake tree), and spending lots of time with my little family. love your posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prom queen shrom queen. Except sometimes I do try on my tiara when no one is looking....ya know, to make sure it still fits. ;)

    Jenn, did you just call me a nerd wanna be? Because I love it!

    ReplyDelete