Tuesday, December 22

A sweet alternative...

Some kind of freak 24-hour flu bug came to visit our house this week. So far it's only chosen me and Porter to bother, but at least I made it through last week and that's all I care about. Last week was huge! My newborn is now an infant (2 months-old people!) and my son is now a baptized member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Huge stuff! I have pictures galore and as soon as I can stand up without feeling dizzy I will organize them into something like a story and tell you all about it. Until then, here are some pictures I already have and a story to go with them.

Don't you feel like you get tons of sweets and goodies around this time of year and that the last thing you need (to give or to get) are more sweets and goodies? To help spread the love through out the year here's what I've come up with: Vacuum packing home made cookie dough with a cute little note and a ribbon. Tah-dah! This has been our tradition for the past few years (except I don't think I did it last year because I was lame). Then the receiver can bake them when they are ready and you never even had to preheat your oven. My Visiting Teaching ladies are going to get these little air-tight bundles with a "Happy New Year's" note and they also make great teacher gifts too! Alright, you can thank me later, I need to go lay down now.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yuck, I hate the stomach flu. Feel better soon. I love the cookie dough idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word. GENIUS! I can't even tell you the cookie ordeal I went through up here trying to do cookie plates. I ended up saying FORGET IT! So this would be really nice to do next year. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! I hope you guys are feeling better come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! I think this is a great idea. I am already sugared out!

    Thanks, I'll be back.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you were sick, glad it was quick.

    Congrats on the baptism! How wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I hope you're feeling better. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete