Friday, May 28

50% Sugar and 50% Spice = 100% London

May 23rd, 2010 London turned 4 years-old.
(Don't hate on my cake. Cake decorating is harder than it looks. I think I'll stick with cupcakes.)

It was a day filled with grandparents and gifts.

 Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Mosely


Great-Gramma Sue and Great-Granpa Eddie



After Nana helped London set up her new tea set she shows London how her Dora book can sing the words while she reads them. London calls this book her "video game book" because when you choose a song a picture dances on the screen.


Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds gave London coloring supplies and another huge coloring book. This book is of Tinker Bell (who is London's favorite) and came at good timing because she is almost done with the Disney Princess coloring book I got her a couple weeks ago. If we don't have pictures to color, I start finding new original art work on the walls.


All of London's great-grandparents and grandparents know her well and showered her with all of her favorite things. I've hardly seen her all week because she's busy having tea parties or cutting and coloring something or reading her new books.

Porter was really proud of the Belle dress-up gown he chose for her. London wanted to wear it to church, but then changed her mind. (Boy did I dodge that bullet.)


To go with the dress up theme, Olen and I got London a variety of real clip on ear rings I found at one of my favorite thrifts. They are really fancy and sparkle so I thought London would love them. She didn't.



The Play-Doh ice cream shop was a huge hit. Porter was feeling "too old" to play with Play-Doh, but he did kindly offer to show London how it worked. They weren't heard from for over an hour and then Olen and I were treated to custom ice cream creations.


I sure am crazy about my Ellie Mae. She is growing up so quickly. I miss my tiny LaLa baby who would sing to herself as she fell asleep in her crib, but I really enjoy getting to know the little lady London is becoming. She is so smart and has such a sharp memory I have to be careful about the promises I make because I will always be called on them. Sometimes she asks me questions that I don't always have the answers for and her reply is always the same, "Humph. It must be a mystery...it is a mystery." Sometimes London is a mystery to me and maybe one that I will never solve and that makes life with London exciting.

My number one girl in the kitchen: London is always by my side ready to measure anything messy or crack the eggs or use all the dish soap washing spoons. She still sings to herself and I couldn't love it more.

6 comments:

  1. She sounds like a fun girl to have around. I smiled just picturing a baby singing themself to sleep--that's pretty adorable. My favorite though is the line about things being a mystery. I just love the things kids say. Happy birthday Miss L!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet girl! She does DISHES? Maybe I DO want a girl afterall! Looks like that London got a pretty cool cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I thought the same thing about the clip on ear rings for Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's funny to see the picture of London with Gramma Sue and Grampa Eddie because i know how long it took to get her to smile! What a sassy cat.

    Makes me wonder how long it took to get all the other cute pictures of her! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute! I love the look on her face when she opened the Tinkerbell coloring book!:) Priceless! And whatever, "Martha" your cake looks way better than anything I could do!

    ReplyDelete