Monday, May 24

Gila Valley Temple Open House

Road Trip!
On May 14 and 15 we traveled to Safford, Arizona to walk through the Gila Valley Temple. We met up with Olen's brother Haskel and his wife Valerie and their kids and Olen's parents. We decided the two and half hour drive home would be a lot more fun if we could hang out with family in Safford for awhile, so we stayed at the newest hotel in town and enjoyed seeing the small town swell with tourists. Our hotel was completely booked and you should have seen the lobby during the morning's continental breakfast! (Think: National Lampoon meets Relief Society.) Porter and London loved swimming with their cousins, Clancy, Seneca and Slade and I loved closing the door on our hotel room knowing that it was my day off from house keeping. Olen went to school at Eastern Arizona College (in Safford) and we have friends who live in town so we spent time catching up and walking down memory lane before heading home.


I am so thankful for Temples and the blessings that come into my life because of them. In one of the rooms we stood as a family under a radiant chandelier and I felt the most physical feeling of peace as the sunlight bounced off the mirrors and illuminated the room. I don't wonder what Heaven will be like.

4 comments:

  1. this is off topic kinda but I just watched the finale of Lost and have been thinking about their version of heaven, and it's just wonderful to remember that family and love are what we are here for, and we're so lucky to have temples to remind us of that even better than t.v. shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't the dedication wonderful? I bet Porter enjoyed getting to see it. That was my first...I know, how can I grow up in UTAH and never see a temple dedication until I am 27 and live in Arizona?! It was an incredibly wonderful event, and I love seeing the leaders of our church as real men. They are incredible. We want to go down to see the new temple and do a session there, but we will probably let the crowds die down first. Husband's request. See? I let him make rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you guys got to go! What a fun trip it turned out to be.


    I just can't get over how freaking darling Daisy is. She is always happy. Does she even know how to cry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful temple.

    So, now that I'm caught up, I just have to say I'm happy to see an iron and ironing board out while you went on vacation.
    People give me a hard time about ironing on vacation, and now I know I'm in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete