Thursday, August 19

Loose Strings

Summer break ended too soon and I've still got a few blog-worthy posts left in my pocket.


This summer London became an artist. She started drawing pictures with such detail and thought.
Here she is with a ponytail. She is sitting "crisscross applesauce" and playing with blocks on the floor.


This was done in May.


This is our family.
From left to right: Olen holding Daisy, Me, Porter, and London
She gave me rosy cheeks.


I just loved how we are a family of balloon heads. The lines and curves are just awesome.



I was doing a lot of sewing one week and Porter asked if he could sew something too. I told him if he could draw his own pattern he could make his own stuffed animal. He came back to me with this.


It's a dragon. He looked through my craft dresser of fabric and chose his own colors for his dragon. I helped him cut it out and sew the bigger parts then he finished it by stuffing it and sewing the details by hand.


After the button eyes had been added he was so happy with his work. He took it to his room and laid it on his pillow and looked at it. Then he said when he walked away it slipped off his pillow and moved its head on its own to look at him. He gave it to Daisy then and there. It's been sleeping in her crib ever since. She crews on his beak face and loves it. 



On one of our science project days, we made prints using some photo paper I picked up at the teacher's supply store. London and Porter gathered neat twigs and leaves and toys with cool shapes and we made a bunch of these prints in the sun. It was such a blast.
Here are a few of my favorites:
Alright. I think that's all I've been holding onto. Now I feel a lot better about moving on to the next season of life.

2 comments:

  1. Those are AWESOME! London really does draw with such details. She's got that Richards' artist blood fo sho! And I think Port's stuffed dragon turned out pretty dang awesome. Seriously, you could sell his designs on etsy. We spent 20 bucks on Fiona's "ugly doll" the kids picked out for her (it's a real brand).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha that dragon is awesome/terrifying! but i can't stop laughing that it turned its head at port! hahaha

    ReplyDelete