Friday, June 12

Flashback Friday! It feels good to get back into the routine of things, doesn't it?

Flashing back today to last night.

Our fab (and open, drop on by) book club, i heart libros, read this past month a most wonderful book. I couldn't put it down. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I love this author; this is the second of his books I've read and never have been disappointed. It was a love story, a life story, based during World War II. Narrated by Death about the life of a little girl growing up in a very adult world.

We try to meet or base our discussion themes around the books we just read, so this month we met at Zur Kate, a small German restaurant in a quiet part of Hometown. The menu's entrees were all in German with American descriptions. Not one dinner item was without gravy. I'm not a fan of the stuff, so I ordered a very German hamburger. Thank-you very much, Chris. And ate the whole thing while talking about the life and struggles of people trying to love in a world that was so full of hate.
Katie Mae ordered some kind of sausage, there were at least twenty different varieties to choose from. With sauerkraut and German noodles. Oh and gravy.

6 comments:

  1. I have not, I think I might have to look for it now.
    How fun that you go out to eat to discuss your book! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but it's on our book club list for this year too! So I'll tell you what I think when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is on my list to read, I just haven't got to it yet.

    I love that you go to fun places to discuss your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just joined i heart libros! I have this book reserved at the library and just waiting for my turn! :) Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, what are the other books on your book clubs reading list? How do you decide what books? I need help on how to make my club more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to join but, I know you guys would get sick of me not reading the books everytime! I would give myself a 2 out 5 on the good book club member scale. So if you guys let lame members join count me in!

    ReplyDelete