Sunday, June 7

Photobucket

What is an “ode”? Does anyone knowed?

I say, “Oh well, who cares.” Here comes my Ode to Summer.

It’s one million degrees so we try to stay cool,

Floating and splashing in Nana’s swimming pool.

We say, “Oh well, who cares.” This is our Ode to Summer.

But sometimes it’s too hot to play outside for our kicks,

So I upped our subscription to the 4-at-a-time plan with Netflix.

I say, “Oh well, who cares.” This is my Ode to Summer.

Fish like to bite when the weather is warm and the moon is full.

So Olen leaves for the lake with the boat in pull.

He says, “Oh well, who cares.” This is his Ode to Summer.

Not even close to being upacked; we live out of boxes.

I have trouble keeping track of undies and sockes.

I say, “Oh well, who cares.” This is my Ode to Summer.

We’ve just been spending our days as fast as they come,

I hope you’re doing the same and having so much fun.

Let’s say, “Oh well, who cares.” This is our Ode to Summer.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Good for you for just enjoying life and letting go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that melon and pineapple picture is making me hungry and happy! And I love your Ode to Summer. You are so funny and creative. Thanks for the comments and votes of confidence. And I will definitely be taking you up on free molly consultations. I need to email you so you can send me your new address. I have a little something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Neagle would be oh so proud!
    But you need to spend more days at Nana's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm, summer watermelon.....I love your Ode, and good luck with the socks and undies.

    ReplyDelete