Thursday, July 2

We're off to the high country to see the fireworks in the canyon.
This is one of my most favorite holidays and family traditions. This year Olen and Porter will transform into Luke and Bo Duke and strut their Good Ol' Boy stuff in the Heber/Overgaard 4th of July Parade.

Olen has been so adorable getting his General Lee polished and primed, and Porter has been rehearsing his loudest "Yee-Haw!" to yell as they speed by at 5 miles an hour down the parade line. Elle and I will be the ones waving like maniacs on the side lines and snapping loads of pictures.

This is the first year for the benefit race and I hope that Carissa's Run will only get larger and larger in the years to follow. I will be running the 2 mile fun run with Porter. (Porter said "That doesn't sound very fun." I said, "You should wear a pair of my compression stockings and then see how much fun it will be to run in them." I got a funny look. He didn't get it.) Next year I'll be more up to speed and get to run the 10K (without compression stockings, I hope!).

4 comments:

  1. Cool car! I am hoping maybe we will make it up there but we just got back in town from Snowflake so not too sure. That is great about the parade. Heber is a great place for the 4th. Have a safe and fun time. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Molly! I found your blog from a comment you left on Modern Molly Mormon - I'm one of the Mollys there too! Just wanted to say I loved reading your last few posts and will be stopping back by! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not have a General Lee.
    You do not.
    I don't believe it.

    ReplyDelete