Friday, November 13

Flashback Friday: You should've seen it in color.

Photobucket
Wednesday November 11th, 2009. Veteran’s Day. No school. No work. No schedule.
I could hear London and Porter arguing about what cartoon to watch: Avatar or Horse Land. I could hear Olen trying his best to settle things fairly. He had everything under control so I rolled over. It was lovely knowing that the one person who could wake me up this morning was humming softly in her cradle on my side of the bed.

Olen sits next to me and lifts my sleeping mask. “Good morning Love! Hey I have a great idea, let’s be spontaneous today.”

“I am spontaneous. Me and Daisy spontaneously get up for a snack in the middle of the night.”

“That’s not spontaneous, you know that she wakes up once a night. And you’re never spontaneous.” (He’s got me there. My version of being spontaneous requires a 24 hour advance notice. I gotta have a plan or I pretty much malfunction.)

“Well…I never really know what time it’s gunna be, okay.” I pull my sleep mask back down and throw the covers over my head.

Olen continues to convince me how much fun it would be to load all the kids up for a round trip of target practicing on our leftover Halloween pumpkin, throwing a line in at a lake along the way, seeing some beautiful fall colors and a late lunch at our favorite Mexican café in Globe where I could do some antique window shopping. Compared to all that my plan of organizing the storage shed didn’t stand a chance. So we packed up and went. Spontaneously.

My camera battery died after our walk through the Peak Well creek and target practicing with the trusty Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time; so you’ll have to just imagine the beautiful sun fish that Olen caught at Canyon Lake and the huge mess of Sweet & Low that London dumped out on the floor at the Mexican café.

It was dark when we made it home and Olen carried the sleeping kids to their beds while I pulled down the covers and took off their shoes. There was just enough day left to shower and plan how we'll organize the storage shed on another day when we don’t feel so spontaneous.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. How fun!! Makes me want to be spontaneous too and I'm just like you - need a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bejeweled binki just made my day. And so did your awesome spunky hair. Loved the pictures--what a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! My fav thing to do is be spontaneous! I think if you went away to college and had crazy roommates it would be a little easier for you. ;) I totally thought here in CO we would have those colors but I guess there was an early freeze that just killed all the trees before they completely changed colors. So everything is just brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i love the crazy face pictures of london and daisy.

    they look identical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like a wonderful day. Good thing you were spontaneous.. so worth it.
    Why is your hair purple?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks awesome. I do miss all those colors. Now I have to ask, did anyone shoot their eye out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. first, love the fun hair! second I used to be spontaneous till I had a kid now I am a freak about schedules and planning ahead for every little thing!

    I wish my husband would make me chill out but he is way more into the planning then me.

    So in an effort to be crazy I am inviting you to pop in on me at any given time and I promise I will drop everything and chill with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emmy: Life's too short to not have a little purple in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great day. I really need to plan a day like that.

    Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the picture of Porter in the creek. Daisy's binkie is awesome; did you do it? Also, Little Miss L is a DOLL. Fun day!

    ReplyDelete