Sunday, November 22

Thanksgiving All Star: "Ulitmate" Sweet Potatoes

Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey

Let me tell you about this sweet potatoes dish, I could easily eat it all by myself and pretty much do because it is the only thing that comes from my kitchen that Olen doesn't like. So you may either love it or hate it, but I'm placing my bet that you are going to love it. Or at least kinda like it. It has all the sweetness you get from the marshmallow method (which in my opinion is just wrong) because of the dark brown sugar crust with an added crunch of pecans. It is a Thanksgiving winner.

I quickly jotted this recipe down a few years ago while watching the delicious Tyler Florence (eh-hem), I mean Tyler Florence making a delicious mock Thanksgiving dinner. I have this recipe memorized but needed my original notes so I could type it up properly. When I found them I realized I couldn't just type "add as much honey as you like" or "bake till it's done" the way I do it. See?
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. My grandma makes her famous pineapple Jello with sweetened sour cream and cheddar cheese topping! It is sooo good. Come to think of it, I really need that recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes her green jello with pineapple and cottage cheese. Mmmmm. Its amazing what you can do with a little jello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm realizing that I am lame because we really don't have anything special for holidays, unless you count scones on General Conference morning lol! I always try to make a nice breakfast on Christmas morning, and I'm thinking about making some of your fancy cinnamon rolls...I'm such a copy cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't know how I feel about this recipe but being the biggest sweet potato fan I am going to give it a try. My grandma used to make the yummiest sweet potatos and I try to make them just like her every year. They taste like hers but I must just miss her cause they aren't the same. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe does look yummy. Hmmm.... favorite and/or traditional recipes.... I think we cover all the Thanksgiving ones. My mom always makes a cherry or blueberry pie--along with the usual pumpkin. At Christmas we make candy. We make peanut butter cups, butterfingers, and See's Fudge. Yes, See's as in the candy co. Don't know how we got the recipe, but my mom has had it and used it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. er...cheese on jello?
    I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you see this second comment...I have something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete