Sunday, March 14

Weekend of Awesomeness, Days 3 & 4: Hello and Goodbye

“Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home. But I don’t like being left behind.”
Beth March, Little Women

The last two days of our Weekend of Awesomeness were not that awesome. Saturday night was the good-bye party for Chelsea and Mitch who will be moving to Virginia. My memory card died and all pictures from this night went with it. Sunday was family pictures and dinner before Christopher and Katie leave back to their Colorado home. Both nights were great, really they were. I loved visiting with grandmas and grandpas and cousins and friends, but while celebrating my brother’s arrival and my sister’s departure I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I’m going to miss them all over again when they go away. That's the not so awesome part.  

These are my people. Take a look and you'll understand why my life is awesomest with them in it.
Frequent flyer miles, meet Molly.


4 comments:

  1. So did I never make a normal face or you just choose all the crazy ones of me? Oh well, I don't really care I was having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, what a weekend you had! It is so fun for me to see pictures of your parents and family these days (how come your parents don't age??) and I LOVE Katie's dress and green sweater--adorable! Looks like a wonderful time, but bittersweet to say goodbye. (and you know I loved that little women quote).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, i know whatcha mean! I must look crazy all the time when i'm just 'acting natural!'

    But what a fun day yesterday. Just hanging out with all my best friends all day/night long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so sad to see siblings move away, but thank goodness for blogs/facebook/mini vacations to keep in touch.
    I was just watching Little Women this weekend so that quote was fresh in my mind. Such a bittersweet movie.

    ReplyDelete