Tuesday, March 2

We go to the Expo

The International Sportsman's Expo was in town over the weekend and it's always a good time so we took the kids (and Aubrey) to check it out. In years' past we've had friends with booths there and we like to peruse the merchandise and support our buddies. We sample the ostrich jerky at one of the fifty jerky booths, pretend that we could afford a two-week safari in Africa and dream about the year when we’ll buy our own camp trailer complete with the new trailer smell I love.

The Expo is very family friendly and has great activities for the future Sportsmen (and women). The kids got to throw a line in the trout tank but unfortunately the trout were not biting. They still got splashed on and came away smelling like fish, so it was all good. After taking a quick crash-course in gun safety Port and Aubrey did some target shooting. It was Aubrey's first time to shoot a real gun and she did really well. Olen took London to see the hunting dogs perform. Those dogs would jump out 25 feet into a pool and retrieve a floaty toy in like three seconds. Guess who wants one now? Yup, and so do the kids.

We meandered up and down the rows of merchants, taxidermists, hunting guides, fur salesmen, you name it. Olen scored on some new lures for his (eight!) tackle boxes, the kids gathered brochures and free samples, I walked with Daisy in the daisy-print Moby I got for Christmas (LOVE it) and Daisy just sat around looking adorable. Here are the highlights.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my word Daisy is so pretty! Practice realy does make perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that moby wrap and the baby wrapped in it. Also, you are "hecka" skinny again. girl that took no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy - and you know this!
    Jenn - LOL! That's a horrible picture of me. My face looses weight first, it's all downhill from the neck down. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your captions on the pictures! :) Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking daisy looked like Porter when she was first born but she is becoming her own little person and I can't get over how cute she is with her big blue eyes! I can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! That was awesome. I loved your pictures. We need to get out more and do family things like this.
    Except, well, there just doesn't seem like there's a whole lot to do around here.
    And I laughed at your formula cans. I tend to save things like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was too cute and funny! I love all the captions! The kids are cute too, and you look great...as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the last picture of you the one you were talking about looking like Grammy? Cause I can totally see her in you in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chels, yeah it is. I wanted you to see it. So you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun outing. Fun Post. That Daisy is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Chels, I can really see Grammy in you!!! If you look like her now then you know that you will a cute little old lady.

    ReplyDelete