Monday, May 12

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Isn't Mother's Day a little bitter sweet? For one glorious day you are showered with gifts and tokens of gratitude. Then on Monday you're back to the daily routine of duties minus the fanfare. Thus is the life of mother.

I know what you're thinking: these flowers are amazing (and really heavy). Well, you're right. But they didn't belong to me. The delivery lady asked us to hold them until the neighbors got home to come claim them. I got something better. A beautiful paper rose from Porter that I can keep forever.


Before church I was treated to a gourmet breakfast. Not a single egg shell to be found.






































I had a very wonderful Mother's Day and hope that it was the same for every other mother. I couldn't ask for more than I have already been blessed with. Now that my parents have moved closer in (and in to their dream house, no less. I'll have to post a picture some time) we were easily able to visit both of our mothers and families. Good times.

4 comments:

  1. Those are amazing flowers! At least they made for a good picture! I only got the paper flower too, but like you, I like them the best. Glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Molly, Hope you don't mind...I saw you posted something on DeAnne's blog so I thought I would check your's out too. I think mother's day is bitter-sweet too...but at least we get one day of appreciation, right?! Hope to get to know you better thru blogging! Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Porters paper flowers are the best! I got flowers from my own yard!! I love a big Boquet like that, but Tim gives those kind when I least except it( which is not very often)lol

    I am glad you had a good Mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you molls.
    you are the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete