Monday, June 23

The General Lee and Brecken Lee

.... UPDATE!
Well, just to finish what I've started; here is the latest in the General Lee transformation saga.
We went to Tucson, AZ over the weekend to deliver the interior parts of the car that Olen repaired and re-dyed (they turned out so sweet) and to see the car once before it is hauled to Atlanta, Georgia this weekend for the 30th Anniversary "Dukes of Hazzard" Fest. Man, you should have seen the look of sheer delight on his face when we drove up to Jeff's house, (Oh, and Porter was excited, too).
Porter getting inside the 'General' for the first time and giving me a mean "Hee-Yaw!". He told his Aunt Arlissa this morning on the phone that he was going to go see "his Charger and probably take it out for some jumps".
Well, no jumps, but he did get to go for a ride and honk the horn. That seemed worth it right there.

Port couldn't keep his hands off the paint job. He kept saying "Wooowww".


I'll never forgive myself for forgetting my 'Daisy Duke' cut-offs at home. Darn it.


Yes. There's that famous "cool dude" pose from Porter and Olen with the permanent grin. These were two happy Duke Boys.



__________________________________________________________________
Here's the other Lee. Brecken Lee Lines (sorry, Lisa, if I misspelled). This is the beautiful daughter and first child of H.A. alumni and bff, Lisa Aldred Lines. She was born on Friday, June 20th. London wouldn't stop kissing her head. But can you blame her? So adorable.






In other news, the play (7 Brides 7 Brothers) is finally showing this weekend. It's been so much fun and I've had a blast doing it, but man, what a source of time-suckage! I will be so happy once it's done and I can tuck my kids in bed again. Even though I will miss Porter singing "Bless my beautiful hide..." around the house.
Well, if you're in the area, come and see and make it all worth while. And make sure you give a loud hollar for "Martha's Mother"!

4 comments:

  1. I think that Porter must have shown Quinn that "cool guy pose" that is only way he will pose now.
    How weird Molly I just (last night) had a dream about Lisa!! Tell her congrats and her baby is sooo cute!

    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet car! And I just looked over and saw the picture of you and Olen (looks like when you were on the trek) Such a cute picture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun..how exciting to have the car done! The boys look like they are in HEAVEN;)

    I really want to see the play..it is one of my FAVORITE movies!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the car! How fun. We are trying to see what day we can get to the play. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete