Thursday, August 28

"Gimme some of your tots!"

Over dinner we catch up with Porter about his day; ask him how recess went, how he did on his spelling tests and what he ate for lunch. These kinds of things.
Here's how today went in Porter's words:

"I killed a spider with babies on its back at recess because I am so brave. No one else would do it."

"All the second-grade girls like to chase me at recess to see if they can catch me, but they never do. Then I stop and let them catch up and we keep running. I like when they chase me. Especially Phoenix." (Note to self; learn more about Phoenix)

"Mom, I need to wear pants with pockets on the side everyday because they hold the most food. Today I didn't finish my sub so I put it in my pocket and me and Cadon shared it on the playground. But I didn't let the Aids see me. We're not allowed to share food at my school."

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious. Can't wait to hear more about Phoenix. I wonder if he will start sharing his sub with her on the playground?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has he seen Napoleon Dynamite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - Gotta love the pants with pockets for growing boys and their daily food requirements. My son eats all day.

    Love your blog Molly. I saw your post on Cathy's. Here is a link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I know Phoenix! She is a cute little girl. My Rachel and her were in the same Kindergarten class.

    It has been great getting to know you! It has been lots of fun working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cracking up! I always envisioned kids trying to save/hide their lunch, I just didn't know it happened in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he is funny! Kylee and Holden use to love the pants with pockets down the legs...for all the junk! But I don't think they stuffed them with tots:)

    I might have him come over and kill the spiders for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bahahahahahahahahahahaha what a funny!

    i remember chasing boys on the playground. we were indians and they were the cowboys and i remember we were chasing them to kill them cause we were hungry. that's kind of weird now that i think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is toooo funny. Out of the mouths of babes.....

    ReplyDelete