Monday, August 18

Well, I thought I would be less busy once school started, but boy was I wrong. I am coming up with new and thrilling ways of organizing my house and schedules each day. Yippee! Projects just keep popping up everywhere.

At Porter's school they are pretty big on parental volunteering, and I think it's dandy, so I signed up for a few things. One of my sign-ups is to teach an art lesson for an hour one Friday each month. I went in for my first lesson this last Friday and we made summer-time collages (thanks Chelsea for your help cutting out the pictures) and backpack zipper pulls (ditto Katie for putting my kits together). The kids loved both projects and Port's teacher said I was "clever". Bonus points all around. One little girl raised her hand and I went over to her to answer her question and she said I was pretty. Totally made my day. I still smile thinking about it. I had a blast and it reminded me of my mom and dad coming and helping out in my classes during those elementary years.

Friday night we had some rad bbq with our friends. We used to get together with friends a lot more, but we just seem to be so busy trying to stay busy that we forget how getting together doesn't have to be anything elaborate. It was a good reminder that we need to make time for the things that are most important to us.

My parent's celebrated their 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. Next year we'll have a big shin dig for their 30th.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for your examples of what love is.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Mom and Dad Richards! And I want to hear what these fabulous projects are--they get me inspired and motivated! Also, my couponing is not that great compared to a lot of people, but maybe I'll do a post about it because a couple of people asked! What should I include? hmm.

    ReplyDelete