Sunday, August 31

FRIENDSHIP...

I'm here to tell all about the Friendship Dinner we hosted last night; but first I need to say a most humble and grateful - "Thank-you!" for the comments left about my race. They mean so much to me, and so do you.

I forgot to take pictures!! Can you believe it? So you'll just have to imagine in your head how great we all looked. :} Here's an "after" picture of our fajita condiments to get you started imagining.

Well, the dinner was just as fun and a lot less work than I thought. I wanted to eat out on the back patio, but with the crazy rain we've been getting every evening we decided not to chance it. Luckily, it stayed dry and Olen was able to grill up the steak and chicken for our fajitas. We had over three couples from our ward, some we knew and other's we knew better so it was a great mix.

We played a super fun game of Truth-and-Dare as we ate. Sounds like a good game for couples, right? Yup. Here's how we did it: On pieces of paper I wrote either a "T" or a "D" at the top and the numbers 1, 2, or 3. Each person wrote down a question on the "T" paper and circled a number. (The number represents how many other people they would like to answer that question, too.) Then each person wrote down a dare and circled a number and then we all took a truth and dare paper randomly. It was such a blast and we all just talked and laughed through dinner. Some truth questions were "Tell how you met your spouse" and "What's your favorite cartoon to watch with your kids?" Some dare questions were "Tell your favorite joke" and "Sing a silly song".

I've decided that for myself, these friendship dinners aren't meant to make you BFFs with new and random people in your ward; but to make less strangers. We talked and laughed and ate (and Olen told funny eye stories) and we all got to know six people better in the process. Just another example of food and the gospel bringing people together.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great evening! I am going to suggest it for our ward. I may be asking more questions in the future.

    The fajita leftovers looked REALLY great.... too bad you forgot to take the before pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. I love the empty plate picture; shows just how yummy it all was!!! I would have liked to hear Olen sing the silly song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was fun; I don't ever go to the dinners as Chad is always working & I refuse to go alone! I know, I'm lame. Maybe someday he will have a "normal" schedule and we will get to go to things together.....ahh, wishful thinking :) LOL

    ReplyDelete