Monday, September 29

Today Elle and I vacuum-packed and froze our Utah peaches. Oh such fun. I like canning, but man is it too hot to be standing in front of a steamer all day. Besides, frozen peaches are the main part of our family's favorite summer-time drink:
Kickapoo Juice.
Enough vanilla ice cream (don't skimp on me, people, use the good stuff) to fill your blender 1/2 of the way full
Fill the rest of the blender with fresh frozen peaches, cut into small chunks
About one cup of milk (more or less depending on how thick you want your drink)
1 Tablespoon of pure almond extract
2 Tablespoons of honey
Blend this all up and then make more because you're going to need it.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds good. I'm going to have to give that a try! Also, if you come up to Utah, you better believe I want to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try this! I just got my Utah peaches yesterday and I, too, will be freezing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to freeze them; sometimes they just loose so much texture and flavor when you can them. I'll try this next time!

    ReplyDelete