Friday, August 21

Flashback Friday - last night's surprise

Two parents.
Twelve kids.
One daughter-in-law.
Five sons-in-law.
Seven (almost eight) grand kids.
Thirty years.
Mamasita Bonita and Daddio's Surprise Anniversary Dinner:

Hiding out and waiting for the guests of honor to arrive to what they thought was a quiet dinner.
Surprise!!!!!! Oh, we got 'em so good.
Quiet dinners don't happen in our family.
For the past seven years our parents have given us family t-shirts at Christmas. We had this quilt made out of the t-shirts we've been given so far and I think we'll have to add this to our tradition, too. It was a huge hit. Now anyone can cuddle up under all seven shirts at once.
It was always a really (I'm talking, really-really) special treat when we got to go out to eat as a whole family growing up. I mean, did I mention there were twelve of us? Putting it all together without Mamasita catching on was super tricky (read: stressful) and took a group effort. It was worth it and made another great family memory. Here's to the next thirty years.

Just had to show the quilt all by itself because of its obvious awesomeness. If you want to make your parents or yourself (I'm having one made of all my race t-shirts next) really happy visit Carrie over at the Quilted Bee and prepare to be amazed.

8 comments:

  1. That must have been a fun night! congrats Ma and Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quilt that has all of my shirts from high school musicals and marching band, I love it.
    What a great night! There was only 8 of us and we hardly went out to eat either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! They look just as young as they did in the days that your Dad drew our pictures at your birthday and your Mom made us her famous chocolate chip cookies. I love Cindy and Jeff! (and their kids). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quilts and family get togethers! What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool. I love the quilt too. I will have to visit the site you recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first picture you took is fantastic! I almost wish I could have been there for it but I think arriving there with ma and pa was way better accept for not knowing what to do for the whole surprise part...

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo much fun! i love having hanging out with all my bffs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the party was a huge success! You have such a great family...only wish we could have stayed in Mesa longer. I'm so glad that the quilt was a success :o) It was fun to see the pictures of your family and your mom and dad...priceless!! Congrats to your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete