Tuesday, August 18

Singing the blues

So in our new house I have this wall. Of windows. It's very retro and I know I would really enjoy it more if it wasn't a blasting 199 degrees outside and the windows are circa 1960's single pane and let in all kinds of heat. I found these amazing curtain panels at Lowes that promised to block out 99% of the sunlight thus decreasing utility costs and, well, sunlight. Just what I needed. Except each panel was $27.99, and I needed 10 panels. Ouch. I wanted them in brown, but the light blue were on clearance (insert angels singing) for $6.99 a panel. Nothing in my house is any shade of blue predominately, but for a $20.00 per panel discount there sure could be.
Photobucket
That's how I got started on my current "Incorporating Blue" phase. I've got to find some way to tie this wall of blue to the rest of the main gathering room decor. Here's my first project. I bought this lonely candle picture from the thrift and inserted a cork board recovered in the perfect fabric from Hobby Lobby because really all I loved was the frame. When the rest of the room has been put together I'll have to show you because it'll make more sense. Well, that's the theory. For now it's a start and has me singing the blues.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh I personally am a deep lover of blue, so I love your curtains. Also, had a good laugh (and scare!) over your eye post lol! Can't wait to see the finished product, but I LOVE that fabric you put in the frame. You know I love a good frame find from the thrift store. And everyone talks about Hobby Lobby...I have never been to one. I think I am missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes AZ and lots of windows doesn't work. We had the screens on the outside of the windows and film on the inside of the windows when we lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thought it looked great when I saw them. Just get a couple throw pillows and your set. j/k But I'm excited to see what you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, they work - thank goodness they were on clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked your wall o' curtains. and you have a little bit of blue in your couch.

    ReplyDelete