Monday, August 31

FJ1W wanna be.

This third trimester stuff is really getting me down. I asked my nurse midwife what I can do to keep the poundage off and she said to lay off the sugar and drink more water. I actually do drink a lot...of juice, kool-aid and lemonade. They are my favorites, but water, not so much.
Erin has issued a challenge (an idea that I loved!) to herself called "For Just One Week" (FJ1W) where she chooses a self-improvement goal of some kind or other and does it for a week. She's extended the invitation to all that would like to join the self-improvement bandwagon, so I guess I'll jump on board. You should come, too. But buckle up, it's gunna be a bumpy ride.

My goal FJ1W: No Sugar.

Sunday Aug. 23rd: Doesn't count. Sundays are my day off from diets. It's just a rule I have. Ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce and fresh berries was calling my name and I answered back.

Monday Aug. 24th: Did good all day. I filled the pitchers in my fridge that are usually occupied with Countrytime strawberry lemonade with water. I even passed up the FHE treat! Which meant so did everyone else...

Tuesday Aug. 25: I forgot today. I let Porter choose his own treat for school lunches at the grocery. Plus I was having a really bad day, do you remember it? He chose Oreoes and so that night we had to make Oreo milk shakes. It's a "If you give Molly an Oreo, she'll probably make a milk shake" kind of thing. Still drinking lots of water.

Wednesday Aug. 26th: Blew it on purpose. I had my last RE renewal class in the morning and had stayed up too late with my new book so I visited the vending machine. I'm not usually a soda drinker, but I love cream soda. Did you know that A&W cream soda has a tad bit of caffeine? Um, I did. (Like my picture taken via camera phone from under the table? I'm sure everyone around me was wondering why I took a picture of my soda. They just didn't know I had bigger things in mind than continuing education.)
Thursday Aug. 27th: First day of totally no sugar! Drank water and visited the little girls room all day. Go me.

Friday Aug. 28th: Another day of no sugar stuff. I was even tempted with a weekend sweet, but went for the sugar free pudding instead. This is getting easier and my sugar cravings are down to a manageable minimum. Keep the water coming.
Saturday Aug. 29th: Participated in a huge multi-family early morning garage sale and needed sustenance. Ate a chocolate covered Boston cream-filled donut. Later had a large root beer at the movies (FYI: don't see The Time Traveler's Wife without a box of Kleenex) and afterwards had some kind of chocolate fudge thing at dinner. It was beautiful and I have no regrets.

Now that brings us back to Sunday, and even though it's a day of rest from dieting I still did pretty good. Only a glass of oj at breakfast. Okay, my first shot at FJ1W wasn't a total 100% and I know I can do better. So I am making this my goal for the next coming week, too. And maybe the next and the next...until I get it down pat and don't have to make it a goal anymore, but just something I do. Who's with me? Well, us?

What will you do FJ1W?

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like that you only have to do it for a week because it is much more realistic than a month or year etc. Congrats on being able to drink more agua and for curbing your sweet tooth:)
    I think mine would be like workout every day (minus the weekends of course) for a week, or maybe to not say any negative thing about ANYONE for an entire week. Did that for a few days and it was a challenge but it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed Molly! I told Adam I wasn't doing any chocolate for 1 week and that lasted 4 hrs:) So I think you are doing great with no sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good for you! I love how you "blew it on purpose" with the cream soda. So funny.

    I didn't do it this week. Too much going on. I'm sure I'll get back to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try the sugarfree fudgesicles and popsicles. Sweet, but no sugar and good for the sweet tooth. I'm also on no sugar and I drink lots of water. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm....my birthday is coming up so I am not sure I am willing to do this yet. But I have been thinking more and more. I think I will try this the week following my birthday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have participated in a few of Erin's just one week.. and yeah never really followed through :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Missy called mine, no talking smack. I know I can do it but it's so hard sometimes!!! Actually I think I'm going to do it, my FJ1W starts NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one! This is going to sound weird but its something i need to work on!

    My FJ1W is going to be getting ready everyday! Being a nanny gives me LOTS of room to slack off and wake up 10 minutes before i have to leave for work. I end up throwing on some jeans and a Richards shirt, no makeup, and crazy hair.
    I am going to try everyday to actually get up and get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, I'm trying to pick an easy one so that I might actually do it...something like brush my hair everyday. :)
    I am a great water drinker. We have jugs of water in our fridge just like you. But every blue moon or so I will majorly crave a fountain drink. And I give in since it is pretty rare.
    Lastly I really want a nurse midwife for my next baby--I just never know how to find a good one that delivers in the hospital (which is what my insurance covers).

    ReplyDelete