Monday, August 24

Overheard lately...

(While playing with blocks)
Porter: No, no, La La. You don’t want to put that there.
London: Why?
Porter: You’ll understand when you’re older.

(At the dinner table)
Porter: You’ll be such a happy girl if you eat all your dinner.
London: I am happy girl. See? (smiles big)
Porter: (sighs) You’ll understand when you’re older.

(In the family room)
Porter: If you help me pick up the pillows I will help you sometime.
London: No!
Porter: Please? Forget it. You’ll understand when you’re older.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. LOL! I love listening to kids make sense of the world around them. This is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so wise. I wish my big bros had advice like Porter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Now how often does he listen to his own advice? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a good laugh on this post! I wonder if I'm supposed to know something I don't now that I'm older?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heard my share of that phrase growing up and having 5 older siblings who knew everything about everything. how old is "older"? and i wonder if i really will understand....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I must not be "old" enough yet, because there are still so many things I don't understand. Maybe I should ask Porter.

    ReplyDelete