Monday, December 29

Annual After-Christmas Black River Trip:
As Told By Porter
Not the day right after Christmas, but it was the day after that (Molly: Dec. 27th). Well me and my dad and Haskel, my uncle, and my uncle Brawner (I called him B for short) left for our hunting trip. We went to Black River. But we actually didn't go to the river.

While we were looking for coyotes (we call them dogs for short), we saw elk crossing the road. We found four coyotes on a baby dead calf. They were eating the dead calf. Brawner took the first shot and then my dad took a shot at the coyote. Then Haskel drived me over to it with his truck. Then I got out of the truck and got my B.B. gun, the Red Rider, and cocked it and then my dad said for me to shoot the big gun, the 243, and then I put the scope too close to my head and then the scope bonked me right in the head when I took a shot. And now I'm getting black eyes. Then I got my B.B. gun, the Red Rider, and I shot the coyote in the brain and then it died.

Then I cut off the tail and the ears so I could have them from my first coyote kill. I think I'm making a hat out of the tail. I could get a piece of fabric and make a hat with the tail hanging out.
And then when we were coming back this guy stopped us because we were on his land (the Indian Res.) and said that my dad forgot his tickets to get in (permits -woops!) . While they were talking I found some ice, and it was clean ice, so I wanted to show my Uncle B and then I said, "B, come here." But he was still talking and I showed him that inside the ice I could see living creatures frozen inside the ice.
Then we got in the truck and went to get our tickets and then we got some fried pigeon meat (that would be fried chicken) for lunch. My Uncles and my dad had doughnuts. I hate those doughnuts. They were circles and had sugar on them.

Then we drove on the road for like two hours or three hours. It was four. Then I saw icicles on the side of the rock walls. Then we went on the road for like two more hours. Then we went to the spring and we drunk the water out of the spring. And it was beautiful.

After the spring we got some snow for my ouchie. Then we drove on the road for like ten more hours. Then my uncle Haskel's truck was really dirty. Really, really dirty. We saw this place called 'Car Wash' and we went to the car wash. My dad and everyone was hungry but I wasn't hungry so all I got was a hot cocoa. I drunk that almost all the way home, and then I let my dad finish it all the way home. Then all the food was gone from Taco Bell and I was hungry. Then I got to my cousins house and I showed everyone my coyote tail. They were like "Eeeewww". Then we drove dad's truck home with my coyote tail. Then when we got home I was starving. I ate Ramen Noodles, but my dad put too much water in it.
In the morning I showed my mom my scar and she's like, "You're gunna have a black eye tomorrow!" And then after that I really only have gray eyes. And now I'm writing this story today.




2 comments:

  1. what an adventure! and so well told :)

    *sigh*... will my boy be as cute??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an rad day Port! Are you going to make your mom sew the hat for you? I know she like to work with death animal fur.

    ReplyDelete