Monday, March 16

Can you just smell the sleeping in with late breakfasts and lazy afternoons without schedules? I do. It smells like Spring Break. Lovely.

Because I can't let this right of parenthood; that is having kids (well kid) trapped in the house with me all week go to waste, I have devised a few spring cleaning goals. How original, right? Nothing too crazy because that's how I'm rolling these days.

Here's a list of what would be positively blissful to accomplish these next five days without carpools and homework:
*Toy room. Nuf said.
*First Dr.'s appointment. I can do this one on my own. I can't wait to hear that heartbeat!
*Finally pull the ol' running shoes out of hiding. Another one I'll have to do on my own. Unless Port wants to ride along cuz that's always more fun.
*Plant the garden. Maybe after two years we'll finally get this done. Maybe.
*Sleep over with Olivia and Aubrey. Because I really am that awesome of a mom.
*Under Porter's bed. I'm not even looking till I see carpet again.
*London's closet. My Little Pony's have invaded and it has never been the same since.
*The fridge. Gag.
*Weeds. Where did they all come from? For reals, where?! Oh well, they've gotta go.
*Get Katie and Jacob an accepted contract already. My own job again. House Gods, please be in our favor for once?
*Close Escrow on time with Clar and Kristen. Again, House Gods...?
*Dust baseboards. Porter will love this one. Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
*Wash french door windows. Finger print magnets.
*Finish London's bed spread. Another one I'm on my own with, but I enjoy.

It'll be a miracle if anything past the Doctor's appointment (which is scheduled) and the other jobs that can only be done by me get accomplished, but a girl can dream can't she? It's hard to motivate others when laying down and eating frosted Cheerios is the only thing that sounds like fun. We shall see what progresses in my daily recaps to come.

3 comments:

  1. a lovely list.
    and i wish you the best with it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to not have the normal schedule for a little bit isn't it. I have a list too. We'll see how much of it actually gets done... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had the most blissful spring break ever....a little bit of stuff with a big bunch of nothin' thrown in. I can't believe it is already half over. I am not ready to give my kids back!

    ReplyDelete