Tuesday, March 17

The day went like this: First I helped pack Porter and Olen up for the only thing on Olen's Spring Break To Do List - Go Fishing with Best Buddy. Olen has solemnly sweared that when he and Porter get back they will be my best helpers to accomplish anything I want off my Spring Break To Do List (which he hasn't seen yet!).

So far I've only checked one thing off my list. The Doctor's appointment. It was a good visit, but I forgot to ask what I can do about my Alaskan-sized headaches. It's only been three years since I was last pregnant, but I've seem to forgotten all the rules. Tylenol? or no Tylenol? Rest? Drink more water? Oh well. I just need to call my mom. So anyways, I was poked, weighed and questioned. It is too early to hear any heart beating and I was a little bummed; but I'm feeling worse every week, so I think all systems are a go and that's good enough for me for now.

Olen did stay long enough to go to the Doctor's with me (actually, I'm seeing a Nurse Midwife and super excited because she's the best) and then he and Port left for their over-night fishing trip to catch the "whoppers" as Porter would say. Hopefully we'll have a fish fry in the near future.

Then London and I came home and pretty much crashed like I've been doing at the end of every day. The end of the day has been coming at seven o'clock. Lately Ellie's decided to be a cat. She crawls around and brings me things in her mouth. I scratch her head and tell her what a good kitty I have and then she meows and purrs and crawls away to get me something else. I love it. The best pet I've ever owned. After I tucked my little kitty into bed I started working on her revamped bed spread (I'm recovering her old comforter to update the look) and watched a movie I got at the Redbox (free movie Monday ya know - I'll give you the code next week, ok).

Well, I never sleep that great when Olen is gone. Last night I dreamt I was walking down the streets of Russia naked. I woke up freezing cold, so I guess my subconscious thinks Russia must be the coldest place on earth? Well, I shut the window and turned off the fan and fell back to sleep in no time. Here come the crazy preggie-dreams again. I guess I haven't forgotten how to do that.

2 comments:

  1. My friend is looking for a nurse, mid wife could you give me details?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for positive dr. appointments!! Congrats (again!!) on making it past that first milestone. ;)

    ReplyDelete