Monday, March 30

"I could never love anyone as much as I love my sisters." - Jo March

Sometimes we get to have Olivia and Aubrey over for a sleepover. It's pretty much the best day of Porter's life when this happens. Since Aubrey was just a year and a half and Olivia only three-years-old when I got married and moved away, this is how I get to grow up with them.

Here's how Friday night went until they couldn't stay up any longer (11:30).
Rule 1. It ain't a party unless you have pizza. Our favorite is Papa Murphy's take and bakes.

We roasted s'mores in the gas fire pit. This is always a huge hit and my personal favorite. Olivia eating in style. My kind of girl.

You gotta have a movie. They chose a "scary one". The Crocodile Hunter.

Plus forts that make a huge mess. The bigger the mess means the bigger the fun.
We don't like to leave out my little brothers, either. Olen usually plans those "sleepovers". He thought that since this is the last year Andrew, 16 (almost 17), qualifies for the youth hunt tags, Olen would take my three brothers out hunting again together, this time for elk. They've gone before for deer and Andrew got a nice little four-point. The application for tags were due in January, and knowing that the hunt was in October, but not expecting to have anything else going on that month, I thought it was a fun idea. The results for tags came in over the weekend, and turns out my three brothers were drawn. Except now something is going on in October...like having a baby. I was telling my dad about the possibility of Olen off on a hunt while I was in the hospital having a baby and he said, "Oh, that's okay. You've done it before!" (Oh, Daddio.) But I don't really want to do it again. I thought we had a rule about this.
To all those lucky ladies who's husbands don't hunt and fish; go give that man a hug. But on the other hand, I have some lucky brothers who will have the time of their life in October, and my dad is way excited to go, too. And I know I am a lucky girl to have a husband who cares enough about my family to make fun plans and loves spending time with my growing siblings. Sure, I'm invited on the hunt (and said, "Hell, no."), I guess I'll just have to hang in there...or come early. Yeah, come early, I like the sound of that.

1 comment:

  1. I love your running commentary. Also, I'm still in sighing love with your decorating style. Someday when I get a house with some space to really spread my decorating wings, I'm going to fly you up and make you figure my whole house. Also, I got a little package in the mail and it made my whole month. SO CUTE! I wish you could know how much it really made me happy. So will you be my b.f.f. forever? (and I know it says best friend forever forever...but that's how I feel!) love ya!

    ReplyDelete