Friday, April 17

Bananas have been on the top of my "safe" foods list so far in this pregnancy. They require no preparation, don't have an unpleasing odor, and are pre-packaged for convenience. Bananas really might be the best food out there when I think about it. So I like to have lots of these potassium packed edibles on hand at all times. However, I usually can't eat them all before they get those freckles that eventually envelope their whole yellow skin turning them black. Well, it's a good thing that I am also crazy for the carbs and want bread in any form, because black bananas are the very best for banana bread.

Now you're gunna want to write this recipe down (or copy and print) because it is the best banana bread in the entire universe and who doesn't end up with black bananas once in a while? It's Mamasita Bonita's recipe that she's been making since forever and I bet it could win awards if there was ever a banana bread contest to win. So moist, and perfectly sweet but not too sweet and is amazing smeared with butter right out of the oven. Okay, wipe away the drool. No body wants to see that and people will wonder what you're reading. But, yeah, it really is that good.
Mamasita Bonita's Banana Bread

2-3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/4 c plus 1T buttermilk (or 2%)
1t vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1T cinnamon (optional, but highly recommended)

In your mixer, mash bananas. Then add all the wet ingredients from eggs to vanilla, one at a time. Mix well. Then add all dry ingredients from flour to cinnamon, one at a time. Mix well. Bake at 350 for about 60 minutes. If you notice that the loaves are still undone in the center, but browning too quickly on the outside, adjust the temperature to 325. Makes one large loaf or two medium sized loaves. Easy peasy!

( I wonder why my pictures are yellow. I think my camara was going through a yellow phase, or maybe was just taking yellowish pictures in honor of my banana post?)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should try bananas. I'm so hungry but nothing looks or smells appetizing! I hate this phase!!!! I just want to EATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to try the recipe! Dayton will eat a whole loaf of banana bread in one sitting if I let him! A new banana bread recipe sounds like fun :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess what. i love you. that's all.


    i haven't seen you in awhile and i miss ya.


    ps. i love bananas also...but im not prego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best recipe out there as far as banana bread goes!

    ReplyDelete