Sunday, January 11

The weekend

Friday night was date night. We ate out at Mi Amigos with an assortment of some of my favorite people in honor of Bethany and Chase. I haven't been there in about fifty-two years, and man, have I been missing out. Best cheese enchiladas ever. Heaven with a side of beans and rice.  
So, Saturday my mom and sisters and sister-in-law hosted a Bridal Shower for Beth cuz' she's goin' to the Temple and she's gunna get married this week. We had a fab turn out and the party went off without a hitch.
I know the brightness is all out of whack on this picture, but it was such a Kodak Moment, I don't care. Check out the look on my Gram's face as Beth opened the nightie given to her by her future mother-in-law. Priceless. Oh, Grams, I love you.
While London and I were at the Shower, Olen and Porter were at his back-to-back flag football games on Saturday. They don't keep score in flag football, did you know that? But you better believe I can tell some parents are keeping track. Porter always determines if his team wins by how he felt about his own performance in the game. Saturday he went in for a dive and pulled the flag off a kid from the other team; so his team must have won. In another game when he was given the ball he started running the wrong way for about three yards; so they probably didn't win that game.

Me? I'm so preoccupied trying to know what Porter must be thinking out there on the field. If you know me at all, you know I am not competitive in sports (other things-you bet 'cha). Never have been crazy about competitive sports, though. I would probably just hand you the gold medal and say "Live it up" than put effort into proving anything to anyone. So I am always wondering if Porter is actually having fun or if he's just "playing a game". He says he loves it, and he's pretty darn good at it, too. So, I will continue to watch and wonder. I guess that's my role as a mom on the sidelines. That, and kicking some major trash if anyone hurts my baby out there on the field. Right? I get to do that. Right?

4 comments:

  1. you clever girl you.

    hilarious picture... way to capture the moment :)

    yeah, when i have youngin's in sports- pretty sure i will feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, I haven't made any comments yet, but I've been reading and I just had to tell you that your blog is darling. Thanks for the smiles... we all need 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you got your coveted paragraph breaks! It would have driven me crazy too! I like your new blog layout too. I'm also excited to hear about Bethany's big day! Be sure to post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete