Wednesday, January 21

Love is in the air

Good Word Wednesday

Oh, I love Valentine's Day. I know it's still only January, but Walmart was taking down Christmas decor on December 24th and stocking the "Seasonal" isle with little red boxes and Dora the Explorer cards. So little ol' me can start talking Valentines, too.

My Granma Sue and Granpa Eddie made the Valentine's of my childhood so magical. Every evening of February 14th we would find a beautiful basket of pink and red wonderment. Candies, socks, pencils, trinkets and homemade goodies. I didn't know it was them till I was older. I just thought they came for a visit coincidentally minutes after our Secret Admirer had left. Mom and Dad filled in a few years, too. To me that's what Valentines is about, showing you care outside of the red heart-shaped box.

So here ya have it -
Today the good word is: Sweet Deals for your Sweetheart.

You know I'm all about the handmade or made-from-the-heart kind of gift.
Flowers and chocolates rock, but c'mon people, you can buy that stuff at the QT.
I'm talking about thoughtfulness and downright "I love you with all my guts" kind of a gift.

Here are a couple of my favorites so far:

My hubs doesn't know it yet, but this is what he's getting from me for St. Valentines. We're going to get our Love Story made and it will be hot. H-yeah, I'll post all about it.

Click the Life Happens Studios link below to get the whole scoop.
Seriously, girlfriends, a real winner right here for years to come.

Love shea butter, gorgeously yummy smells and rich, smooth lather? Excuse me while I wipe away the drool. Love to have your Honey in shea butter, gorgeously yummy smells and rich, smooth lather?

Thought so. Then click the tvala handmade link below and your wish has been granted.

What a win-win baby.

If you know of other handmade-from-the-heart-unique Valentine's gifts let me know.
I love bragging...er...blogging about the talented ones I get to know.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they pay you to do these ads for them? But I did see Katie's blog and now I want to do some couple pictures. Because the last time I had a special picture with my hubby was five years ago this March. Holy crap! five years that makes me feel old, next thing I know my oldest kid will be getting Baptized. Now THAT will make me feel old! hahaha Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, not in money. But if I can continue to "hire" LHS to capture the cuteness of my kids and if tvala will open especially for me on Christmas morning; you bet I'll keep plugging away. Plus they dominate.

    Don't laugh too soon, pal. In four short years you'll be right up there, too! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's just say Molly will be compensated nicely. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best most thoughful Valentines from my husband...instead of traditional flowers in a vase, he got all sorts of beautiful flowers and planted them in my flower beds for me!! It was so sweet and I was completely surprised:) He did well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...thanks for the love, Molly! Check your doorstep in the AM for a tangible thank you as well. ;)

    The apron is the most darling, fanciest I have ever seen. Thank you so much, although I'm afraid to use it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooooooo- i love this post!
    thanks for the good ideas and shameless plugs! :)
    you are the best. i am so using your ideas!

    ReplyDelete