Friday, September 11

Flashback Friday or A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Friday

It couldn't last forever. When you have twelve brothers and sisters, what are the chances that you'll all live in the same state forever? Slim, that's what.

Chris and Katie are moving at the end of the month to a place that gets all four seasons and trees with leaves that are a shade of green we don't grow here in Arizona. We needed one more happy hour before our big brother takes his family to the Rockies, so the married half of us twelve conjured at the sushi place to live it up for old time's sake.
Here's the night in pictures.

The sister that flew solo and made my night for coming.
Photobucket
The sister with the husband that's a good sport at trying things he doesn't like.
Photobucket
The sister that sometimes needs a brother's gentle reminder that when we want everyone together that means she's gotta be there too, or it ain't no party.
Photobucket
The newlyweds that taught me how to mix wasabi in my soy sauce for that extra wow. Wowsabi.
Photobucket
The cute guy with the adorable dimples that sat across from me. I think I'm in love.
Photobucket
The pregnant sister that had to take it easy on the raw fish factor (hence crab roll) but has almost mastered the skill of chop sticks.
Photobucket
The brother and his wife that will be missed.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. So jealous that you have that many siblings close, even if you are losing one to the Rockies.
    I have 5 brothers and sisters and we live in 4 different states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post... is it terrible to say that i thought this flashback friday was going to be "remembering 9/11" and i am glad it wasn't? this was much more delightful... i love your family :)
    and even with only 3 sisters, we ALL wound up in different places. poor madre is left all alone! i feel ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm feeling the love! It was a fantastic night, thanks for putting it together. I'm glad it worked out at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( The end of an era. I'm glad at least it was a fun conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures and the captions that go with them. You have such a way of capturing the moment! Good luck to Chris and Katie, and to those left behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome night!! Thanks Chris for gently giving me no excuse to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly that's funny, I almost did go with a 9/11 flashback, but then thought that event was being significantly documented everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chase was a good sport huh? Good post. And good sush! That reminds me I still have a couple pieces of Bronze Medal in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome. Now you have excuses to go to Colorado and to have family reunions in places that are in between states.

    ReplyDelete